Thursday 15 April 2010

Rimmel "60 seconds fast dry"...

So the other day mum came home with a Rimmel 60 second nail polish in Purple Reign. A gorgeous colour, which made claims for being super fast drying, only needing one coat, and having a brush that made application amazingly easy.

The first application was fine, though it needed 2 coats we were both impressed, and it lasted soo well considering the abuse my mum gives her nails (whether she's got nail varnish on or not, the nails don't get different treatment!) about 4 days after the initial application there was definite tip-wear and she decided to re-apply, this time being different to the first time. The formula of the polish was more gloopy, slower drying, and generally harder to apply. There were noticeable streaks and it could definitely have done with a third coat. Not what you expect from a polish that makes claims of only needing one coat!

Before we'd had this trouble with the purple I ordered "funtime fuschia" online, which arrived yesterday, I applied it- a base, 2 coats, and a top coat- and left it to dry between the different layers. It was SOOO SLOW to dry. There's also some bubbling and after an hour of the final coat being on I changed into my pyjamas only to discover that I'd been left with fabric imprints ONE WHOLE HOUR after applying a "60 second" polish... Completely unamused!



I love the colour so much (please excuse my freaky veiny hand in this picture!),but the formula and drying time are ridiculous, even with a fast drying top coat on. I was actually so disappointed I emailed Rimmel, so we'll see what/if they have to say for themselves!

What have your experiences been with this brand? 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow that's disappointing! Gorgeous colour though. I've only used one of these, and I have to say I also think it took longer than 60 seconds to dry. Saying that, there's 'drying' and then there's waiting for the tackiness to stop. I'm yet to find a polish that dries quickly with zero tackiness. Maybe we just need a really amazing top coat... xx

Rachel said...

Mmm, it was stuck between dry and tacky, wasn't really one or the other! Either way I think an hour for non-tackyness(!) is a little long to wait. Maybe a fab top coat would fix it, as I do love this colour so much! xx

Pandez said...

I use a lot of rimmel because of the cheapness and I get bored easily from having the same nails after a few days. But yeah, drying time is not one of their strong points! I find making really thin layers helps, about 3 coats needed. And a minute or two under the hair dryer on a cool setting should help it along =] Seche vite top coat is supposed to be good, but I'm yet to find one with decent delivery costs x

Rachel said...

Ooh, that's good to know thanks! The new brush they have makes it quite hard to get a thin coat but I'll make more of an effort next time ;) x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...