Thursday 14 April 2011

Poppy King Lipstick- Power


If I'm honest, the only thing that excited me about the Poppy King range when I first heard about it was the beautiful packaging I was expecting. Sadly this only extends to the cardboard box that houses the lipstick however it does do something to satisfy my craving for pretty packaging!

Take a look at the promotional video for an idea of the other shades on offer...

  

Power is described as raspberry in colour and I totally agree. For a range that's supposed to be sheer I actually don't think that Power is that sheer, sure one swipe leaves less colour than the bullet would have you expect but still it's not all that sheer. The colour also doesn't particularly match the colour in the video, but it's still pretty and not a colour I have already.


I personally like it blotted which leaves a beautiful raspberry stain, that is so perfect for spring. It leaves an even stain as it wears off which sticks around for hours.

swatched 2/3 times
£12 seems a little on the expensive side for such a teeny lipstick (3.5g of product in a tiny lilac-y silver tube) however with a £5 No7 voucher the £6 is so much more reasonable.

Definitely something I feel I'll be getting a lot of wear out of this spring/summer!


Disclosure: I was sent this free lipstick to review. All views and opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...