Friday 21 May 2010

Bye Bye lovely nails...

...Hello stubby little nails... (A story!)

On the 5th day of fake nail-dom the chipping of the white tips and the tip wear was just too much. I decided I'd paint them, only to discover that what remained of the white tips bubbled and wrinkled horribly underneath the polish.

Fair enough I thought, and went at my plastic nails with a metal nail file until the whole nail was clear. Aha! Now I will have perfectly polished fingernails of an even length !.... But no. The nails continued to conspire against me; having got rid of the bubbly wrinkly white tips the rest of the nail decided to have a go.. I painted a perfect layer of Ribena coloured goodness (a MUA shade, coming soon in a NOTD on my real nails!) on them only to find.... Bubble bubble, wrinkle wrinkle.... ARRRGGGHHHH!

Dying from the excessive fumes from polish and remover I did something every fake nail box advises against.. I pulled them off...

Defying all the odds my fingers survived, but some tough plastic nails remained...

Determined to once again have beautifully coloured nails I continued in my quest, searching high and low (ok, just in one cupboard, but ssshhhh!) for non acetone free polish remover and having found it I soaked my nails and waited.. And waited... And waited... (Seriously, soaking them until they dissolve has got to be some kind of a joke!) and then, once again breaking all the rules, I pulled them off.

And then spent forever picking bits of glue off my nails. Aww, I have actually missed them, as sad as that sounds! I like to know that they're my own lovely(?!) nails and that I can paint them till my hearts content.

THE END!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...