Wednesday 21 April 2010

Soap and Glory: Glow Job tinted moisturiser


I bought this when Boots had Soap and Glory on offer at 1/3 off, very tempting!

S&G say:
Squeeze a pea sized amount of Glow Job onto your fingertips, then rub together to release the bronze from inside the beads and blend..... 

Glow Job is a little different to ordinary tinted moisturisers as when it comes out of the tube it's white.

Inside the white moisturiser are white bronzer beads that burst and release a bronzer type liquid when pressed. You have to mix the colour and the moisturiser together yourself on your fingertips and then apply it all over your face. It took me a couple of goes to get the hang of this as if you don't make sure all the beads are burst then they burst on your face and you have to try and frantically blend it before your skin absorbs it. You also have to watch out for eyebrows.... There's been at least one orange eyebrow disaster here ;)

I think it does a really good job of moisturising but because the colour is quite strong I can't use as much as I'd like to get an even more moisturising effect, if that makes sense?


I love the packaging of all S&G products, and this is no exception, it's gorgeous! 


The tube itself unfortunately isn't as pretty, it's a pearlescent cream colour and looks quite boring compared to the box. It also has a screw on lid, and I think that a flip up one would have made it a whole lot easier.

I do like this product, but I don't think I'd repurchase simply because of the little niggles, and the fact that once the novelty's worn off there are tinted moisturisers that are easier to use and I'm not hugely keen on the full price.
Available from Boots for £7 currently (normally £8). 

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I love S&G, the scent is amazing in itself.. But the sound of this puts me off, I think if I had 'normal' or dry skin then Id give it a go, but I just imagine it to be too shimmery on my oily skin, I doubt it would appreciate the scent either and would probably protest it in the form of some nice spots!!

It still sounds like fun though, Im imagining little beads bursting on the skin.. interesting! lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...