Saturday 25 June 2011

Guest post! Matching your make up to the weather...

Jeneille kindly offered to guest post for me, thanks Jeneille!

Going on a holiday to the Caribbean? Here’s what to take in your makeup bag!

Different climates call for different types of makeup- something I learned the hard way after I moved back home after spending a year in London. While there, I wore cream foundations because my skin (usually oily) now tended to be a bit dry, especially during the winter months.

But being in St. Vincent did not mean that I could automatically switch to liquid foundation-as a matter of fact, it took quite a bit more experimentation before I found the products that worked for my skin IN this climate that didn’t result in me looking like I’d slathered my face with olive oil.

If you’re unsure about what to bring (and we never think too much makeup is too much do we?) do what I do! My favorites for foundation are the MAC Pro Long wear foundation which is longwearing but still gives a natural finish. On days where I can’t be bothered to wear foundation, use the MAC Face and Body which is so light it might as well be a tinted moisturizer!


Bronzer during the day (yes!) and blush at night (for a punch) along with a few lip glosses and eye shadows of your choice will clinch the deal….along with mascara, eye-liner and lip-balm. Below are a few of my faves and what I find myself reaching for as of late...




Jeneille is from Caribbean Beauty Blog, go check it out! Are you interested in guest posting on Queen of Turquoise? Let me know with a comment or drop me an email on queenofturquoise@gmail.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...