Friday 24 December 2010

Review: Liz Earle Botanical Essence No.1


I received this fragrance from Liz Earle a month or so ago, and it's taken me a while to make up my mind about it.

It's really quite strong and sprayed into the air I like it for the first few minutes when it reminds me of the unusual herbal-y smell of the conditioner, and then something happens as it settles and I find it too strong.

Sprayed as a cloud before walking into it, or straight onto my wrist however and it seems to react better with my skin to leave it smelling fresher and... calmer. If that makes any sense? I find myself catching the smell of it on tops I've worn whilst wearing this perfume and really enjoying the scent, it seems to be something that I like more as I wear it more.

Liz Earle say:

"We’ve used the finest natural botanical ingredients from around the world – including high-altitude lavender from France, damask rose from Turkey, Italian bergamot and spicy patchouli from Indonesia. Using the expert nose of distinguished leading French perfumer, Jean Charles Niel, we gave him the time to indulge in this age old art, carefully hand-crafting this complex scent with true passion to create this vibrant, sparkling fragrance translating into warmth and sensuality."

It's a really unusual fragrance, though one I think that needs to be applied with a lighter hand to younger skins, but definitely something that can be worn everyday and enjoyed just about all year round!

Available from the Liz Earle website priced at £39.50 for 50ml.

Are you a big fragrance fan? What are your favourites?

x


Image credit: Liz Earle

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...