Saturday 13 November 2010

Accessorize NOTD

I had a right hassle trying to get hold of one of the Illusion polishes from Accessorize's new make up range.



I originally ordered Pink Spice online alongside a baked eyeshadow duo but it was cancelled (so I paid £2.95 postage for just the one item, I hate it when companies do that!) and eventually I got hold of Aztec after I popped into one of my local Accessorize branches in Shrewsbury where the lovely Yvonne helped me get hold of one by phoning another store and having them post it to me! 



I've not been disappointed though, it's a really amazing colour with decent wear and a lovely formula. All for £4! 

The base to it is almost a sheer bottle green colour with pink and yellow duochrome flashes when it hits the light. I ended up applying 3 coats as with 2 the tips of my nails were lighter than the rest of my nail due to the distribution of the glitter-y stuff inside the base. 3 coats makes it quite a bit darker than 2 and it almost looks like a purple-y/black base rather than the green, which I like. It lasted 3-4 days with a top coat before chipping occured and tip wear was impressive considering the amount of typing I do! 

Have you tried out the new Accessorize polishes?

x

11 comments:

jaljen said...

I have 6 with 2 more on order. I have this but Purple Dream and Ruby Sparkle are my favourites.

Sarah@Blusherobsession said...

i got 4 of the polishes including aztec. purple dream is really nice and pink spice

" A beauty blogger named Justine " said...

That nailpolish looks so nice for fall! :) xx

Leanne said...

Oooh it's so lovely. I am so jealous of everyone who's been posting about it, I haven't been able to get hold of ANY of the Accessorize stuff yet! xo

Rachel said...

Jaljen- Ooh wow, that's a lot of duochrome!

Sarah- will be looking out for those!

Justine- it is, I love it!

Leanne- online? they've got free delivery!

x

Rachel said...

Jaljen- Ooh wow, that's a lot of duochrome!

Sarah- will be looking out for those!

Justine- it is, I love it!

Leanne- online? they've got free delivery!

x

Kate said...

This looks similar if not a bit better quality than MAC's Mean & Green from the Disney collection, I want to get it and the one that's red/gold
Kat x
Check out my giveaway @ Click&Make-Up!

Unknown said...

loving that colour xxxx

Unknown said...

loving that colour xxxx

Hannah said...

Oooh, it's gorgeous. I'm having real trouble getting hold of these too, though. Just makes me want it more! x

Jess said...

I finally had time to go into my local Superdrug and was so happy to see an Accessorize section - will definitely head that way again on pay day. :)

xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...