Thursday 22 April 2010

ELF eyebrow kit..Where I think I made a stupid mistake.. and then do.


I love the look of ELF's new (well they're new to me!) studio products, and they feel really solid which is great, nothing worse than a cheap product that feels cheap!

What ELF say:
  • Creates brows that are fuller, thicker, and more defined.
  • Shapes and sets your eyebrows
  • Gives lasting colour definition for a naturally beautiful look.



I actually had a slight problem with this... Surely it would make sense to have the bit you put on first on the left, and then the second bit on the right? That's how we work, left to right right?! Not so with this. It seems like a really minor issue, but as I didn't touch either the wax or the pigment I didn't really notice much difference between them and thought that the dark one was the colour and the lighter one the wax. It'd probably have been a good idea for me to read the directions but I thought I knew better ;)

So I ended up with the wax alone on, and then it was only when I put the brush to the lighter powder that I realised what I'd done. Oops.

Here are the directions...

Use the pigmented.. OH! I just realised I was right the first time. I feel so stupid, it IS the gel then the powder (left to right, yea!) ;) Ahem. I shall continue..

Use the pigmented brow GEL (I did this the first time!!) to define and shape the brows with the angled brush for precise lines. Set the colour in with the brow powder and fill in with the blending brush for a naturally finished look

This is before (I've taken new pictures for you so that you get to see it with the gel first, then the powder.. man, how confusing is this!?)



I'm sorry it's such a scary picture....

And then after....


I swear anyone under 14, or who has not been taught how to pluck eyebrows, should not be allowed near tweezers. Admittedly my eyebrows are just quite pale anyway, but they're now slightly patchy and short due to over-excited plucking when I first starting attacking my eyebrows with tweezers at about 13 or so.

I'm hugely impressed with the eyebrow kit, I think it looks natural and it's quick to do and last all day (unlike my previous eyebrow pencil).

Available from ELF for £3.50, ooh, and I'm medium :) xx

1 comment:

Louisa said...

Ive been umming and arring about getting this for a while. I love your makeup in your pic :)
I've nominated you for the sweet blogger award on my blog :)
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...